Turn 3G to WiFi

It all started when my brother told me about subscribing for blackberry complete bundle and get 1GB data bundle for N1,400 instead of 100MB for N1,000 that I have faithfully subscribed to for well over 2 years. Then I used the subscription for the first month and I was very happy with it because I got to download lots of music videos and got to watch them over and over.
Then there was a live even I was supposed to be a part of and they just launched live streaming to mobile devices, I was determined to test it and check for errors (how else could I rate the service if I do not take it for a ride). Since my Blackberry Curve 3G can only receive 3G connections and not HSPA (or at least my network provider don't have such service in my area) the live streaming, even the audio can be very frustrating.
Then comes my HTC Mozart running Windows Phone 7 OS and with its HSPA level connection (about 3.5-3.75G), you can stream videos and audio as you like. The Windows Phone 7 OS is still young and lots of features sported by Symbian, iOS, BBOS and Android are still absent; for example, flash is not supported in the native internet explorer, videos are served via HTML5 on Youtube and other supported websites. One plus is that you can turn on internet sharing on the HTC Mozart so that your mobile carrier data bundle can be used by up to 5 devices connecting over wifi created by it.
I connected my Blackberry Curve 3G to the wifi network created using my HTC Mozart and connected to the live streaming website. Voila! It streamed so seamlessly that I almost forgot that I was on a mobile data bundle plan. Live audio and low quality live video is all I got, but the downer is that my HTC Mozart became hot (that is to be expected given the amount of connections going on at once on the device).


What have you tried connecting your various devices to? Please share.
SHARE

About Akin Ibitoye

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment