Crazy Connections I

It all started many years ago while I had my Sony Ericsson K700, I figured that since a Bluetooth earpiece would allow you to make/receive phone calls (two-way function), it should also allow you to record audio into the phone. The theory did not work though, but it kept ringing in my head, it wasn't until another twelve months that I got a Bluetooth earpiece (got one of the off-brands because back then all the mobile phone manufacturers made their device proprietary and incompatible with other devices). 
This time, I hypothesized that a laptop should be able to get the job done, since you could select the input device in the audio segment of the computer. In those days, Bluetooth radios do not ship with laptop (at least not around here yet), so I got a Bluetooth Dongle with which I connected the Bluetooth earpiece.
After series of simulations, I paired the earpiece and the computer (Dell Latitude 1300) via the dongle. Voila! It played audio from the computer to the earpiece. Now for the real deal, the reverse function of using the mouthpiece to record audio to the laptop. This is the scenario that played in my mind about a year before but lack of resources made it remain a theory until then. 
Final checks performed, the testing was a success and signal was being read on the laptop. My theory was finally proven true and used just once after that day. I opined that it would be a very comfy solutions to facilitators of meetings of about a dozen people and who are interested in recording clean audio sample free of ambient noise that results from recording with the internal microphone in the laptop, and/or with a mobile phone placed on the table.
Whichever option you do go for as a meeting facilitator for recording, there are various audio editing software that can take care of ambient noise and give you crisp audio from the noisy recorded version. One good rule of thumb though is to record as clean an audio sample as possible, this will prevent too much synthesizing.
Do you have any experience in the crazy connections sphere? Please feel free to share.


To get new posts delivered to your email, please subscribe using the floating bar on the right side of your screen.
SHARE

About Akin Ibitoye

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment